The following web pages are operated by Adria Scan d.o.o., a company registered in Croatia with head office in Radnicka 9, Kerestinec, 10 431 Sv. Nedelja:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files/pieces of data sent from the website and stored on your computer or mobile devices while you browse the web. They are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular user and website. They enable the website to:
- to remember your log-in username and password, language preference, etc.
- to track how you interact with the website
- to remember information you previously entered into various form fields – names, email addresses, etc…
Types of Cookies and How We Use Them
As mentioned above, cookies have different uses and purposes, so we can divide them into three major categories.
Cookies you can find on our website will fall into one of these categories, with the following functions:
Necessary/Functional Cookies – they are responsible for:
- remembering your cookie permission setting
- remembering information, you put into various forms across the pages
- remembering your language preference
- allowing our chat to recognise you as a visitor and enable you to use the chat box to contact us
- remembering your selected region
Statistic/Analytics Cookies – they:
- keep track of your visited pages and interaction taken
- keep track about your location and region based on your IP address
- keep track of the time spent on each page
- increase the data quality of the statistics functions
Advertising/Marketing Cookies – they:
- tailor information and advertising to your interests based on e.g. the content you have visited before
- currently, we do not use targeting or targeting cookies
- gather personally identifiable information such as name and location
- as per our Company policy, we tend to not use this kind of cookies
Above mentioned cookies can be:
- Session cookies – temporary and automatically erased when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies – stored until you erase them, or they reach their expiry date
Also, most of our cookies are ‘first party cookies’ meaning that they are issued by our website, as opposed to ‘third party cookies’ which are placed by websites from other domains. Only ‘third party cookie’ we use is Google Analytics.
As per our Company policy, we use Google Analytics only for following statistics:
- Active users
- Number of visits to the website and time of day visitors mostly use our website
- How we acquire visitors
- Sessions by device
How to control cookies on our website
You can easily control which cookies you wish to receive from our website and which ones you wish to opt out of.
Cookie banner on our website gives you the possibility to choose your cookie settings and is available at all times in the lower left side of your screen if you wish to change them.